The Oscars of the bookkeeping world, the annual Luca Awards recognise outstanding achievement in the profession.
With guests drawn from the profession, government and business, the annual Luca Awards are an unmissable opportunity to gain recognition for your achievements.
Each winner is presented with a Luca Award by HRH Prince Michael of Kent. The Luca Awards are exclusive bronze statuettes of Luca Pacioli, the Cistercian monk who is credited with inventing the process of double entry bookkeeping that endures today. Luca Pacioli's 1494 book, Summa de Arithmetica, Geometria, Proportioni et Proportionalità contains the first written record of the process and warns of the need for good record keeping;
"If you are in business and do not know all about it, your money will go like flies, that is, you will lose it."
2013: The Winners
Winners of the awards were announced at the ICB Global Annual Dinner and Luca Awards on Monday 9th December at Lancaster House. The awards were presented to the winners by His Royal Highness Prince Michael of Kent GCVO, ICB Global’s Royal Patron.
Winners were selected from shortlists taken from hundreds of nominees from across the UK in each category.
Awards were also presented to international ambassadors and first secretaries who won in their respective countries.
- Student of the Year: Natalie Phillips, Training Link
- Tutor of the Year: Brian McVean, Ideal Schools
- Bookkeeper of the Year: Stuart Wildman
- Practice of the Year: Dinah Scudder, Scorpion Book-keeping Services
- Small Training Provider of the Year: UK Open College
- Training Provider of the Year: Training Link
- Software Provider of the Year: Sage
- Belarus – Achievements in the field of IFRS 2013: Ludmila Stefanovich
- Ukraine – Employer of the Year 2013: Vyshkovska Nataliia, Director of the Pridneproskaya Investment Company Ltd
- Azerbaijan – Advisor on the effectiveness of internal audit and control system of the Year 2013: Suleyman Gasimov, Vice President of Economic Issues, State Oil Company of Azerbaijan Republic
- Kazakhstan – Employer of the Year 2013: Rustam Mukhamedov, “Kazatomprom” National Atomic Company” Joint Stock Company
- Ukraine – Employer of the Year 2013: Butenko Lubov, Head of Finance department Ltd. UKRGIDROSTROYPROEKT
- Russia – Award for the Successful Promotion of the Financial Manager Profession: Anastasia Rusakova
The Michael Kintore Award for Outstanding Contribution to the Bookkeeping Profession was presented to Dr Philip Dunn for his years of dedicated service to promoting and maintaining the standards of bookkeeping worldwide.
A full list of the nominees in each category is available to view here.
Find out what happens at, and how you can be involved in, the world's biggest gathering of bookkeepers.
To maintain their status as the UK's leading bookkeepers, members are committed to following the ICB CPD Policy.
ICB's Australian CEO, Matthew Addison, operates from offices in Melbourne.
ICB founded the European Federation of Bookkeepers, bringing together the leading bookkeeping bodies from European member states.
Bookkeepers play a vital role in the overall financial function of a business."
HRH Prince Michael of Kent